Responding to Scott McLeod challenge.
When it comes to education, we have to stop pretending (assuming) that:
- All that is taught in schools is of genuine benefit to the future lives of our students
- Teachers need to be convinced that our education system needs a revolution
- Parents will block us if we try to bring about substantive changes that improve learning
- Students will choose not to learn in an environment conducive to learning
- Technology is a threat to the development of minds and capabilities
From Scott McLeod: Please join us. When it comes to education, what are 5 things that we have to stop pretending? Post on your blog, tag 5 others, and share using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag. Feel free to also put the URL of your post in the comments area so others can find it!